Life’s little pleasures on a Father’s Day weekend:
- Cleaning part of the house… just… right.
- Watching a Pixar flick with your kids.
- Dunkin’ Donuts without any guilt
- Getting a 98-page PDF, in tabular format, dropped on your lap at 5:30 pm on a Friday with a year’s worth of financial data. (PDF Here)
Well, I guess we signed up for this.
We worked through this at the beginning of the year. We luckily had three things going for us:
- Semi-consistent numbering on the OGE 278e financial forms
- Two previous years of clean data in which to compare against the new one
- A few handy PDF extraction tools that, while far from perfect, are pretty good and pulling the data out in non-crappy format.
So, that said, still about 10 hours. But the bright side of being hands on is… you learn a lot. For example:
- Ownership. Basically, anything previously with an owner of “Donald J. Trump” is now shifted to one of the following:
- DJT Holdings LLC
- DJT Holdings Managing Member LLC
- DTTM Operations LLC
- DTTM Operations Managing Member LLC
- … or the Donald J Trump Revocable Trust
- It’s worth noting that the four LLCs mentioned above are all owned by the Donald J Trump Revocable Trust
- As part of moving around assets, a checking and savings account in excess of $50,000,000 was opened at Capital One on April 12, 2017 for the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust
- A bookkeeping thing. The companies listed in his resignation letter from January 19 and the list of resignations in the OGE 278e don’t match or line up neatly. Someone should poke around just to make sure I’s dotted, t’s crossed.
Everything is integrated into our Assets page (https://factba.se/topic/assets).
In addition, we put everything in two Spreadsheets, because nobody should deal with PDFs. We feel strongly about that (with apologies to Adobe).
- The OGE 278e Financial Disclosure from June 14, 2017 is completed converted to a spreadsheet here: https://goo.gl/4jL9Bo
It’s embedded below, but save yourself the headache and go straight to the sheet.
- We put his income, liabilities and portfolio side by side for 2015, 2016, and 2017 in a spreadsheet here: https://goo.gl/MdbrhC
Everything above is a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution. Put it to good use and crunch away.